As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Takamine GS330S Acoustic Guitar (Full Description).
The Takamine G330S acoustic guitar is an affordable dreadnought model that looks, plays, and sounds like a handmade Takamine. The G330S has a solid spruce top and rosewood back and sides, with a satin natural finish. Highlights include chrome tuners and concentric rings rosette.
The dreadnought is perhaps the most popular acoustic body shape, with a strong low end and loads of volume. Dreadnoughts were first used as the driving force in bluegrass bands.
The GD51 combines a solid Spruce top with Rosewood back and sides which gives a big, bold tone aided by the dreadnought body. The slim Mahogany neck provides great playability with an easy feel to the 12″ Rosewood fingerboard. The split saddle bridge adds superior intonation for sweet sounding chords and single note runs.
Other great features include a synthetic bone nut and bridge saddle, Rosewood headcap, abalone rosette and mother-of-pearl dot inlays, gold die-cast tuners and a beautiful gloss finish.
Body & Bridge
- Body Back: Rosewood
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Sides: Rosewood
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Bracing: Quartersawn “X”
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Ivory with Abalone Dots
- Height: 5.8
- Length: 43.2
- Volume: 2.83
- Weight: 6.75
Neck & Fingerboard
- Fretboard Radius: 12″ (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Bound Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dot
- Scale Length: 25.4″ (644 mm)
- Hardware: Gold
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tuning Machines: Gold Die-Cast
- Strings: D’Addario® EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze 12 String (.012-.053 Gauges)
TAKAMINE G330 S ACOUSTIC GUITAR FEATURES:
- Body Shape: Dreadnought.
- Rosette: Concentric Rings.
- Top: Solid Spruce.
- Inlays: Dots.
- Back: Rosewood.
- Sides: Rosewood.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood.
- Electronics: None.
- Tuners: Chrome.
- Finish: Satin Natural.
- High-quality build
- Attractive woods
- Great setup straight from the box. Typically speaking, intonation and action won’t need to be adjusted. Once the strings are broke in, the tuning will hold extremely well for casual players.
- Plenty of volume
- Tons of high-end response
- Great for beginners and professionals
- No electronics, (but you can buy a simple soundhole pickup for $30-50 with relatively good results).
- No pickguard, (but these are extremely cheap and not difficult to add).
- Only one peg for a guitar strap, (but you can purchase straps that tie around the neck, which is highly suggested over adding a second peg as this can sometimes damage the guitar when done improperly).
- Doesn’t come with a hardshell case, (but there are plenty that will fit it).
Takamine GS330S Acoustic Guitar Video Demo Review
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.